Trauma Sensitive Yoga is a safe and gentle way for individuals to experiment with being comfortable in their body. Experimentation through breathing, poses, movement, stretching and strengthening; I aim to reconnect survivors with the greatest source of wisdom: their bodies. Studies have shown that trauma sensitive yoga increases interoception (our 6th sense), decreases PTSD symptoms, increases the ability to remain grounded in the present moment, and more fully develop a sense of self.
Currently, I am teaching a women’s specific trauma sensitive yoga class every other Thursday in South Denver.
Below are some items to consider when determining if this is the right fit for you.
- No experience needed. Classes are made accessible to everyone, regardless of physical ability.
- No hands-on assisting by instructor, ever.
- Please bring your own mat.
- This is an open group. Pre-registration is suggested but not required.
- Payment is due upon admission.