Please contact Sarah Houy at 720-222-4782 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to register today!TSY Handout PDF Inquiry Form
This series will run 20 weeks starting the first week in June through Mid-November.
- Mondays 12:00-1:00 p.m. Men’s Yoga Class
- Wednesdays 12:00-1:00p.m. Women’s Yoga Class
- All classes will be held at 7120 E. Orchard Rd. Ste 140 Centennial, CO 80111.
- Classes are $40.00/session. I do not work in-network with insurance companies but am happy to provide a superbill for the session to be submitted to your insurance company.
- $40.00 deposit is required to secure spot. You may pay monthly for classes or all at once.
- Class size is VERY limited (6 people) and classes will fill up. Registration for the 2015 session is required in advance.
- Participants are required to be in therapy. Interested clients (or referring clinicians) will first need to contact Sarah Houy at email@example.com or 720-222-4782 for a screening to determine eligibility.
- All classes will be facilitated by Sarah Houy, MA, LPC, RYT.
What will class be like?
- No experience necessary.
- I strive to make the classes accessible to everybody regardless of physical ability.
- No classes will provide any hands-on teaching by the instructor.
- Participants are not required to speak with one another to participate in the group.
- Please arrive about 10 minutes early to get yourself organized
- Wear clothing appropriate for physical activity (sweatpants, t-shirt, or whatever is comfortable)
- We have all the yoga gear that you will need but feel free to bring your own mat if you have one
The main objectives are to help participants feel comfortable in their bodies, to learn self-regulation skills, and to improve their ability to direct attention away from ruminative thought processes.
Trauma-sensitive yoga is a way for us to safely experiment with having a body. Through yoga we can experiment with:
- and, Resting
Our Goals in Trauma Sensitive Yoga include:
- Increase interception (6th sense)
- Experiencing the Present Moment
- Making Choices
- Taking Effective Action
- Creating Rhythms
Click here for an article describing more detail about the use of yoga to transform the symptoms of trauma.
Please contact Sarah Houy at 720-222-4782 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to register today!