- All Yoga for PTSD classes will be held at 7120 E. Orchard Rd. Ste 140 Centennial, CO 80111.
- Yoga for PTSD classes are $40.00/session.
- Yoga for PTSD class size is VERY limited (6 people) and classes will fill up.
- All classes will be facilitated by Sarah Houy, MA, LPC, RYT.
What will Yoga for PTSD class be like?
- No experience necessary.
- I strive to make the classes accessible to everybody regardless of physical ability.
- No classes will provide any hands-on teaching by the instructor.
- Participants are not required to speak with one another to participate in the group.
- Please arrive about 10 minutes early to get yourself organized
- Wear clothing appropriate for physical activity (sweatpants, t-shirt, or whatever is comfortable)
- We have all the yoga gear that you will need but feel free to bring your own mat if you have one
The main objectives of the Yoga for PTSD class are to help participants feel comfortable in their bodies, to learn self-regulation skills, and to improve their ability to direct attention away from ruminative thought processes.
Yoga for PTSD is a way for us to safely experiment with having a body. Through yoga we can experiment with:
- and, Resting
Our Goals in Yoga for PTSD include:
- Increase interception (6th sense)
- Experiencing the Present Moment
- Making Choices
- Taking Effective Action
- Creating Rhythms